List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-3161530 ] Can't login to
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2011-02-04 20:20:04

Support Requests item #3161530, was opened at 2011-01-19 08:12
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sf-robot
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=3161530&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: 3.0.16

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I'm using privoxy 3.0.16 (debian testing), and encounter problems for connecting to \
yahoo mail. After logging, I get a blank page and and the loading indicator indicate \
the page is still loading.

This worked in privoxy 3.0.9 (debian stable).

It does not seems to be a configuration problem, as I tried with commenting all \
actions directives in the config file and the problem persists. I also tried to use a \
3.0.16 configuration file with a privoxy 3.0.9 (after removing the standard.* \
section), and this works too.

I tried with gecko and webkit browsers

Thanks for your help !

I join a log file from a connexion.

Date: 2011-02-04 20:20

Message:
This Tracker item was closed automatically by the system. It was
previously set to a Pending status, and the original submitter
did not respond within 14 days (the time period specified by
the administrator of this Tracker).

Comment By: Fabian Keil (fabiankeil)
Date: 2011-01-21 20:16

Message:
Thanks for the confirmation.

Debian's Privoxy packages are maintained by Roland Rosenfeld.

While he is a Privoxy project member on SourceForge, too, I think you'll
reach him more reliably by either filing a Debian bug for the update or by
contacting him directly.

Comment By: https://www.google.com/accounts ()
Date: 2011-01-20 08:45

Message:
Thank you for your answer.

I've tested with privoxy 3.0.17 and it's correctly working now.

As privoxy in Debian is still in 3.0.16, I've made the modification in the
debian installation scripts for creating a package with this version from
sources. Are you in contact with the debian team for updating the package
in the repo ?

Chimrod

Comment By: Fabian Keil (fabiankeil)
Date: 2011-01-19 20:10

Message:
Thanks for the report and the detailed log file.

The URL http://fr.mg40.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.gx=1&.rand=4hm419qanl2h9
triggers a Privoxy bug that has already been fixed in Privoxy 3.0.17.
Quoting the ChangeLog:

- Fixed last-chunk-detection for responses where the content was small
enough to be read with the body, causing Privoxy to wait for the  end of
the content until the server closed the connection or the  request timed
out. Reported by "Karsten" in #3028326.

Could you try reproducing the problem with Privoxy 3.0.17?

If upgrading Privoxy currently isn't an option, you should be able to work
around the problem by adding the following to one of your action files:

{+downgrade-http-version}
.yahoo.com/