List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-2631006 ] always 503
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-02-25 16:43:01

Support Requests item #2631006, was opened at 2009-02-23 18:10
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by fabiankeil
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=2631006&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: configuration
Group: None

Initial Comment:
On Vista Business with either FireFox or MSIE8, on  Privoxy 3.0.6 on 127.0.0.1:8118, \
I always get a 503 connection failed.

I am using an unsecured wireless network that I do not own, but have permission to \
use.

For a firewall I am running the defaults in Vista, Windows Firewall.  Disabling the \
firewall does not resolve the issue.

The proxy config in the browser is pointing to 127.0.0.1:8118 as is the Privoxy \
config.txt.

This is prob. a simple config issue, but didn't find it in the search.

yahamaR1    _AT_ hot))))mail

Date: 2009-02-25 16:43

Message:
While I'm pleased to hear that Privoxy 3.0.11
"just works" (and that you took the time to let us know),
the age of your previous version lets me suspect that
you got it from the Tor website.

If that's correct, you probably "solved" the problem
by switching to a direct connection instead of one
through the Tor network.

This is probably not what you want, so I suggest
you take a look at:
http://www.privoxy.org/faq/misc.html#TOR

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2009-02-24 17:14

Message:
Newest version just works...so I moved to it.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2009-02-23 21:56

Message:
You're using a very old version that nobody maintains.
Use the current 3.0.11 or at least something recent.

As for Vista, have you seen if the proxy is running and listening on
localhost 8118?