List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-2018339 ] gmail &
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-11-25 22:16:16

Support Requests item #2018339, was opened at 2008-07-15 00:43
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fabiankeil
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=2018339&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: other
Group: 3.0.8

Initial Comment:
I've found some strange behaviour in IE7 under Vista x64 SP1 with Privoxy 3.08 \
stable, that only seems to be triggered between the combination of gmail in one tab \
and facebook in another tab.  If I have gmail in one tab sitting at the inbox, and I \
use facebook in another tab, after a few minutes the browser will get incredibly \
slow.  It starts taking longer and longer to load pages.  Even after leaving facebook \
and going to other websites, the slowness remains.  But it is only triggered by the \
combination of gmail and facebook, as far as I can tell.  I usually leave a tab with \
gmail going, and it doesn't seem to matter if I go to any websites besides facebook, \
and performance remains normal.  But if I go to facebook it will quickly take a \
nosedive.  Unless I have not had a tab open with gmail.  If I haven't visited gmail, \
then the browser slowdown doesn't happen.  It's quite strange.  When it happens, I \
can copy the current URL into the clipboard, exit IE, start IE up again, and paste \
the last URL into the address bar and go right back to that page and everything is \
fast again.  So it seems to me that whatever Privoxy is doing to gmail code and \
facebook code is triggering some bug in IE.  I don't think it's Privoxy itself that's \
slowing down, since restarting the browser makes the slowness go away.  If I disable \
the proxy settings in the browser, to bypass Privoxy for testing, and try the same \
scenario the slowness does not occur.

Date: 2008-11-25 22:16

Message:
Thanks for the report.

Can you post a logfile with header debugging
enabled that shows the problem?

It could be that IE7 is running against a
connection limit. If that's the case you could
increase the limit or checkout Privoxy 3.0.11
from CVS and enable keep-alive support.

Comment By: Clayton Macleod (shorty-dammit)