List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-1996142 ] Windows service
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-06-17 14:04:09

Support Requests item #1996142, was opened at 2008-06-17 07:04
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=1996142&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi! I am running Privoxy v3.0.8 on Win XP SP2 and having a problem with running \
Privoxy as a service: The service is listed in service manager and I can run it \
manually, but it just won't start on system startup despite being set to "auto". \
Event log lists an error "Privoxy service was terminated with error code 1067 (0x42b) \
specific to the service". But I can start the service afterwards in s.m. I tried to \
change the user from Local System to myself, but the result is the same for both - \
the service fails to start automatically but starts OK when I do it by hand.

On a slightly related note, is it possible to prevent the service from showing an \
icon in taskbar and displaying the log window at startup? The "show-on-task-bar" \
option in config.txt seemed like the thing to use to solve the former, except that it \
doesn't have any effect. But I am obviously using the correct config.txt file since \
the other options (e.g. action files) are processed correctly.