List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-1971519 ] Privoxy
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-05-25 0:15:28

Support Requests item #1971519, was opened at 2008-05-24 18:09
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by hal9
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=1971519&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: configuration
Group: None

Initial Comment:
PROBLEM:
I recently upgraded my AT&T DSL service from 1.5 to 3 MBit/sec and installed one of \
their 2Wire modem/routers, which they say is required. I've used Privoxy for YEARS \
quite successfully, but now all of a sudden all browser access was turned off. For \
example, trying to connect to the NY Times website, I get the following error \
message:

Safari can't connect to the server.
Safari can't open the page "http://nytimes.com/" because it could not connect to the \
server "nytimes.com".

With the proxy enabled, I have NO web access to any site. Turning OFF the \
127.0.0.1:8118 proxy in the Network preference pane restores normal behavior, of \
course without any ad filtering.

BUT I get the same error message trying to connect to p.p (proxy enabled:

Safari can't connect to the server.
Safari can't open the page "http://p.p/" because it could not connect to the server \
"p.p".

Thus, I suspect this represents some sort of internal configuration change, but I \
can't find it.

There's no change if I use Firefox instead or if I flush the cache.

SETUP:
Mac Pro about 15 months old, 10.5.2, 6 GB RAM
Privoxy 3.0.8. According to Privoxy Utility, Privoxy is running
Browsers: Safari 3.1.1, Firefox 2.0.0.14
Firewalls: Default OS 10.5 firewall, default 2Wire router firewall
Other proxies: none
SF login: jimgagne