List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-1734400 ] Privoxy on its
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-06-28 2:20:04

Support Requests item #1734400, was opened at 2007-06-10 06:28
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sf-robot
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=1734400&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: configuration
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I īm useing Privoxy 3.0.6. from the Vidalia/TOR-package together with Firefox2.0.0.4 \
and Switchproxy on Windows XP.

Privoxy is pointing at TOR and I can run the two of them together perfectly well.
As TOR slows down the speed, I don īt use it for all surfing in the internet. But I \
definetly would like to use Privoxy all the time to keep off nasty addbanners from my \
computer. So I created a mere Privoxy configuration in Switchproxy (Just Http-Proxy \
and SSL-Proxy both <localhost> and ports both <8118>). But it doesn īt work if I don \
īt start TOR aswell. With only Privoxy running I can get a  "This is Privoxy 3.0.6 on \
localhost (127.0.0.1), port 8118, enabled" via "http://config.privoxy.org/" but as \
soon as I want to surf the net I get a 503 - Connect failed error.

I would be very glad if you could tell me what might be the problem. I was browsing \
lots of documentation on the web, but most was related on Privoxy and TOR. Please let \
me know if a Privoxy use on it īs own is possible aswell with version 3.0.6 from the \
Vidalia package.

Thank you very much,

Wu-Ming