List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    Re: [privoxy-users] "go there anyway" and redirects (was:
From:       Fabian Keil <fk () fabiankeil ! de>
Date:       2007-06-20 19:48:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Matthias Meyer <Matthias.Meyer@gmx.li> wrote:

> Am Dienstag 19 Juni 2007 19:31 schrieb Fabian Keil:
> >
> > I'm not sure I completely understand your problem description.
> > Are you saying you reach the page with the "go there anyway link"
> > now, but if you use it you get the same message again?
> >
> > If that's the case, it's a different problem and to solve it we need more
> > information about your Privoxy configuration, the URLs in question and an
> > excerpt of Privoxy's log file with increased debugging options.

> You understand my bad english well ;-)
>
> My problem seems to be solved.After pressing "go there anyway" three times I
> can reach the side. It seems to be a problem with side redirection which
> taken by doubleclick from doubleclick.com to doubleclick.com/us to
> doubleclick.com/us/.

Are you using third-party actions files?
Privoxy's default configuration doesn't block www.doubleclick.com/us:

fk@TP51 ~ $grep doubleclick test/privoxy/current/default.action.master | grep -v ^\#
.doubleclick.net/adi
.doubleclick.net/(.*/)?adj/
.[a-vx-z]*.doubleclick.net/(?!(.*/)?ad[ji])

> If I call www.doubleclick.com/us/ and then press "go there anyway" it will
> work immediatly.
> If I call www.doubleclick.com/us (without "/" at the end) or only
> www.doubleclick.com it will work at least after more than one "go there
> anyway".
>
> Part of the logfile with remarks (#) from me will describe this in detail:
> # call www.doubleclick.com from browser
> Jun 19 21:24:47 Privoxy(06e84002) Request: www.doubleclick.com/ crunch!
> Jun 19 21:24:47 Privoxy(06e88002) Request:
> config.privoxy.org/send-stylesheet cgi call
> Jun 19 21:24:47 Privoxy(06e88002) Request:
> config.privoxy.org/send-stylesheet crunch!
>
> # press button "go there anyway"
> Jun 19 21:24:55 Privoxy(06e8c002) Request: www.doubleclick.com/
> Jun 19 21:24:56 Privoxy(06e90002) Request: www.doubleclick.com/us crunch!
> Jun 19 21:24:56 Privoxy(06e94002) Request:
> config.privoxy.org/send-stylesheet cgi call
> Jun 19 21:24:56 Privoxy(06e94002) Request:
> config.privoxy.org/send-stylesheet crunch!
>
> # press button "go there anyway" again
> Jun 19 21:25:01 Privoxy(06e98002) Request: www.doubleclick.com/us
> Jun 19 21:25:02 Privoxy(06e9c002) Request: www.doubleclick.com/us/ crunch!
> Jun 19 21:25:02 Privoxy(06ea0002) Request:
> config.privoxy.org/send-stylesheet cgi call
> Jun 19 21:25:02 Privoxy(06ea0002) Request:
> config.privoxy.org/send-stylesheet crunch!
>
> # press button "go there anyway" again
> Jun 19 21:25:07 Privoxy(06ea4002) Request: www.doubleclick.com/us/

Anyway, while you don't seem to be too bothered by having to click
"go there anyway" several times, one could probably use Privoxy 3.0.7
(available trough CVS) to tag requests whose referring page was a forced
request, match based on said tag and if the server sends a redirect,
rewrite the redirect location to be forced as well.

I'm not sure whether Privoxy should do that by default though.

> Thanks for your help

You're welcome.

Fabian