List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-1151560 ] Why are blocked
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-07-28 20:48:14

Support Requests item #1151560, was opened at 2005-02-25 00:51
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by david__schmidt
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=1151560&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I have been using Privoxy for a while, and I am quite happy with it, but there is \
something I do not quite understand: If it blocks banners, i.e. replaces them with \
the checkerboard pattern (or blank or whatever is set in the configuration), the area \
remains still clickable. This is especially annoying if I have ads and banners \
replaced by the blank graphics, because then I get invisible ads on screen, but \
clicks on them still take me there.

This results in me clicking more ads than I ever did before I started using Privoxy \
;-) Now I'm sure that can be tweaked somewhere, but I did not find the setting? Can \
somebody help me out?

Thanks,
-- Manuel

Comment By: iWantToKeepAnon (iwanttokeepanon)