List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-1276320 ] Install Privoxy
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-12-01 0:38:15

Support Requests item #1276320, was opened at 2005-08-29 22:41
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=1276320&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am trying to install Privoxy; I followed the following
instructions:

The first step is to set up web browsing. Start by
installing Privoxy (click on 'recent releases', then scroll
down to the MS Windows installer packages). Privoxy
is a filtering web proxy that integrates well with Tor.

I clicked on

http://www.privoxy.org/

then on:
Download recent releases -
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=11118

I clicked on Download default.action , under the
words "1.8", the recent release.

From there, I clicked on the 39K file.

I either get a choice to save a file, and when I saved it, I
could not do anything with it. It is called default.action.

Or sometimes, a new web site opens with
many "instructions", like a script. I do not know what to
do with it.

I think that I am asking why I have not been able to get
a program that can install itself, if one exists!

I hope you can help.

I am not a beginner user, but I do not have much
experience in programming.

My email address is
jamesprice@gmail.com I am running a Windows
machine with XP.