List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    Re: [privoxy-users] rewrite request url
From:       "karl d'adamo" <karld () ugcs ! caltech ! edu>
Date:       2004-05-19 1:34:18

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 02:46:28PM -0700, IwantToKeepAnon wrote:
> I think you still want to do a filter on the
> originating document.  Just insert the keywords in the
> anchor tag.
>
> E.g.
> s~(<A\s*href="http://www.example.com/news.cgi?article=\d+)&ugly-ads-version([^>]*>)~$1&printer-friendly-version$2~sig
>
> Then filter any site that might give you a news link.

yes, this makes sense.  its also probably a better
solution since, with this approach, the number of things
to be filtered is small.  with my initial approach, every
single request url would have to be filtered.

i got this working and was pleased to see that privoxy had
no problem with the documents even though they were served
as text/xml.

thanks for the help