List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Actionsfile feedback-3413827 ] Hotmail does not work
From:       SourceForge.net <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2012-01-27 15:41:11

Actionsfile feedback item #3413827, was opened at 2011-09-25 12:11
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by diem
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=460288&aid=3413827&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In a Hotmail inbox clicking a mail does not open/load it when privoxy is enabled. \
Disabling privoxy and reloading the page fixes this. I can't be the only one seeing \
this problem!?

Comment By: Ian Silvester (diem)
Date: 2012-01-27 07:41

Message:
This is not a bug per se. Hotmail's functionality depends upon Javascript
code sourced from the domain wlxrs.com, which gets blocked by Privoxy's
default rules.

To re-enable Hotmail you should add an item to your user.actions file that
allows this domain through. In my config I have:

.wlxrs.com (note the preceding . is important) is set -block,
-crunch-incoming-cookies, -crunch-outgoing-cookies, -fast-redirects,
-filter, -hide-referrer, -prevent-compression

No doubt this is overkill - it would probably work with fewer -parameters;
I leave it to you to experiment.

Ian

Comment By: Fabian Keil (fabiankeil)
Date: 2011-09-26 10:12

Message:
Thanks for the report.

i don't have  a Hotmail account, so a logfile that shows the problem would
be really useful:
http://www.privoxy.org/user-manual/contact.html#CONTACT-BUGS