List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Bugs-2002451 ] 3.0.8 Very Slow Compared to
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-06-27 10:40:47

Bugs item #2002451, was opened at 2008-06-25 12:59
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fabiankeil
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=111118&aid=2002451&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: other
Group: version 3.0.8

Initial Comment:
I was using privoxy 3.0.6 for a long time with no noticeable performance hit.  I \
switched to 3.0.8 and opening multiple tabs in Firefox (as I always did) takes \
literally ten times longer.  I disabled all firefox extensions and compared using \
privoxy 3.0.8 to "direct internet connection" and again saw the massive slow-down \
when using privoxy.  (I do NOT have 'single-threaded' turned on.)

Gentoo linux (Gentoo Base System release 1.12.11.1) using Linux kernel 2.6.25.8  (The \
standard kernel.org kernel, not a gentoo kernel.) X86_64 (64-bit)

Firefox 2.0.0.14   64-bit

NOT using TOR

I have the following debug lines set and see no messages when browsing:

debug   4096 # Startup banner and warnings
debug   8192 # Non-fatal errors
debug   4    # I/O status

If I should run with additional debug flags or can provide more information, config \
file, etc,  please ask.

SF login:  rruth