List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Bugs-1998394 ] Uninstaller Missing Files
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-06-25 13:26:30

Bugs item #1998394, was opened at 2008-06-20 01:40
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by fabiankeil
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=111118&aid=1998394&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: other
Group: version 3.0.8

Initial Comment:
When you uninstall Privoxy 3.0.8 it leaves the following files and registry keys \
behind! (Tested using: Piriform's Ccleaner)

Temporary files (Contains the Privoxy Uninstaller!) :
C:\documents and settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temp\~nsu.tmp

Registry Traces:

MUI Cache
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache

With the following values:
C:\program files\privoxy\privoxy.exe (Privoxy Program)
C:\program files\privoxy\privoxy_uninstall.exe (Privoxy Uninstaller)
C:\documents and settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temp\~nsu.tml (Privoxy Uninstaller)

Fixing this bug allows the user to fully uninstall Privoxy without leaving any traces \
of it behind. The MUI Cache list the most recently ran programs, which could be a \
security vulnerability!

My System Information:
Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Please contact me (Rhett Trappman) at computerguy12056@cs.com

P.S.
It would be nice to have the option when uninstalling to save the configuration \
files, block lists, and other settings!