List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Bugs-1997372 ] Vidalia Bundle and Firefox
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-06-19 2:22:52

Bugs item #1997372, was opened at 2008-06-19 02:22
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=111118&aid=1997372&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: other
Group: version 3.0.6

Initial Comment:
I use Windows XP Home Editon SP2, but I will be getting SP3 mailed to me sometime \
this week!

I use PC Tool's Firewall (http://www.pctools.com/) and have it set to allow incoming \
and outgoing connections on 127.0.0.1:8188 (Privoxy) and 127.0.0.1:9050 (Tor and Tor \
Button)

AVG Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware
As an alternate (second layer) I use A-Squared Anti-Malware!

I am a subscriber to Maximum PC and on one of their CD's was the Vidalia Bundle which \
includes Vidalia, Tor, TorButton, and Privoxy.

Versions:
Vidalia 0.0.16
Tor 0.1.2.19
TorButton 1.0.4.01-fx+tb
Privoxy 3.0.6
After they installed I updated TorButton because it was outdated!

I know TorButton (even the updated one) has compatibility issues with Firefox 3 Betas \
(I use Beta 4)

I have not yet tried TorButtonB which claims to work in Beta 5! (available form \
SourceForge.net!)

I am not able to surf at all, I have sent error / bug reports to Tor and TorButtons \
author at: http://bugs.noreply.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&id=718

I am not using any custom / user made filters and there are no port / address \
conflicts. I have verified all the settings in Firefox, Tor, Vidalia, and TorButton.

Please E-Mail me at: Computerguy12056@cs.com
Thanks,
Rhett Trappman