List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Feature Requests-892409 ] User configs by
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-04-30 15:22:33

Feature Requests item #892409, was opened at 2004-02-07 14:30
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fabiankeil
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=361118&aid=892409&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
> Category: Configuration
Group: None

Initial Comment:
One of our Debian users requested the following feature; see \
http://bugs.debian.org/231164:

From: "Mike Mestnik\) \(The Archmage Forever" <cheako@train.is-a-geek.org>
Subject: privoxy: User configs by host(IP) and/or client(browser).

I find alot of ppl on the web have varying fealings about lets say pop-ups. ppl who \
use mozilla or fierbird generaly wan't popups.  while the default for other browsers \
should be to block.  Also some users who use mozilla may just as well have privoxy do \
the blocking.

This creates the need for more configurable rules.  I think it will work if [ and ] \
are used to establish what the following Actions are for.  I.E.

[ client=Mozilla.*Debian ]
{ -popups )
/

[ host=joe ]