List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Feature Requests-1000730 ] forward-only
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-04-23 15:31:38

Feature Requests item #1000730, was opened at 2004-07-30 14:27
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fabiankeil
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=361118&aid=1000730&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: funct: blocking
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This request is similar in nature to...

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
group_id=11118&atid=361118&func=detail&aid=668386

Rather than remote access to a chained privoxy, I'd just
like to be able to _only_ forward data. What I had in
mind was another type of ACL entry. Besides allow-
access and deny-access, how about a forward-only
option? This would work similarly to allow-access, but it
would flag any requests not to go through
blocking/filtering. This is especially handy when you
come across a site for which a newly-developed filter
rule fails to the point that privoxy crashes. If the remote
privoxy crashes, you can't continue on unless you have
some mechanism in place to access the remote system
(e.g. VNC) and restart privoxy there. On the other hand,
if the remote privoxy isn't performing any
blocking/filtering, you only have the local instance of
privoxy to worry about. This also can save on
resources, in that you wouldn't need to implement a pr
(iv)oxy system just to handle simple proxying chores for
a remote privoxy system.

Regards,
Mike