List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Feature Requests-1409123 ] <ping> attribute
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-10-30 16:52:07

Feature Requests item #1409123, was opened at 2006-01-18 15:16
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fabiankeil
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=361118&aid=1409123&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: funct: blocking
Group: None

Initial Comment:
So far this is specific to firefox (I beliece)

This from a firefox slashdot article:

"It is now possible to define a ping attribute on
anchor and area tags. When a user follows a link via
one of these tags, the browser will send notification
pings to the specified URLs after following the link."

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/darin/archives/009594.html

I suppose it could be included in the 'disable user
tracking' functionality already present, or a simple
additional function to disable this feature would be good.