List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Bugs-1478541 ] No privacy without blocking Java in webpages
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-04-28 17:10:18

Bugs item #1478541, was opened at 2006-04-28 19:10
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=111118&aid=1478541&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: funct: blocking
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Privoxy version: 3.0.3
Browser: Mozilla Forefox 1.5.0.2
O/S: Windows XP

Privoxy will not pretect your privacy if it's not
blocking Java. Experienced this when I used Pjirc (Java
IRC client) from pjirc.com. The client could see my
real ip just because java is running as a standalone
program and was not configured to go throu Privoxy.
   My opinion is that Privoxy should block java as
defalut and then you are able to choose if you want to
run the applet or not.