List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Feature Requests-439350 ] Option for fast-redirects
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-04-20 20:09:05

Feature Requests item #439350, was opened at 2001-07-07 13:50
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=361118&aid=439350&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: funct: content modification
Group: version 3.2

Initial Comment:
The documentation within the default &quot;config&quot; file
describes remapping of redirects of the form:

http://some.place/some_script?http://some.where-
else

One of the most common forms I've seen have
something like:

http://some.place/some_script?http://some.where-
else/somepage.html?extra-stuff-also-used-for-
tracking

So, this redirect could use an option to strip the
extra stuff or not.

Others are even more pernicious:

http://ads.nytimes.com/RealMedia/ads/
click_lx.ads/www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/
business/04CLOCK.html/0/Middle3/nytmkp01/
nytmkp01.html/36776166666c6539?uri=
http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2Fyr%2Fmo
%2Fday%2Fjobmarket%2F&amp;Go.x=5&amp;Go.y=9

Should resolve to:

www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/jobmarket/

where the ampersand is the delimiter.

Perhaps the delimiter could be an option to the
redirect, or the redirect could have a more generic
{filter} parameter for replacement--my preference.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)