List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Bugs-551833 ] Misleading error on attempted ftp access
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-06-25 16:38:15

Bugs item #551833, was opened at 2002-05-03 06:15
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=111118&aid=551833&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: other
Group: version 3.0

Initial Comment:
Attempts to use Privoxy as an FTP
proxy are currently answered with
&quot;404 - no such domain:  http://&lt;ftp url&gt;&quot;

We should detect ftp urls when parsing
the request and produce a proper error
code and message.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2005-06-25 09:38

Message:
Logged In: NO

come on... this is now June 2005 and it's still doing this...

Your request for http://ftp://www.generalissue.com/canvas/COMBAT6.zip  could not be \
fulfilled, because the domain name ftp could not be resolved.

the actual link for the item is:

ftp://www.generalissue.com/canvas/COMBAT6.zip

paul dot cooke100 at blueyonder dot co dot uk

Comment By: Andreas Oesterhelt (oes)