List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] [ ijbswa-Bugs-1170767 ] Domain Pattern Matching Problem
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-06-09 5:32:26

Bugs item #1170767, was opened at 2005-03-26 05:56
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by crc32
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?funcŪtail&atid1118&aid70767&group_id118

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Privoxy version: 3.0.3
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional
Using MS IE 6.0 on same OS
Contact: siveyl@oclc.org

I discovered a bug in domain pattern matching.  I'm trying to +block domains that \
contain certain words.  Here's an example:

{ +block }
.*badword*.

The above will successfully block almost any domain containing the word badword, \
however it will not block:

www.bbadword.com

It will block:

www.abadword.com
www.cbadword.com

I looks as though if the first letter of any badword coded this way is repeated in \
the attempted URL, the domain pattern matching algorithm fails.

Comment By: Oliver Yeoh (crc32)