List:       privoxy-developers
Subject:    [privoxy-devel] Re: [privoxy-users] Privoxy is Alive?
From:       Hal Burgiss <hal () burgiss ! net>
Date:       2004-10-15 3:23:56

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 01:37:51AM +0100, higuita wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:31:10 -0500, "Jorge Agrelo" <jagrelo@novadevices.com> wrote:
> > Sorry for the question, but is Privoxy a dead project, I haven't seen
> > CVS activity for long time!!!, If I'm wrong, is there any deployment
> > plan? Any date for next release???
>
> quoting from a 15 day old email from Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net>:
>

> " I wouldn't really say it's dead.  However, it's kind of stuck in a
>  strange place.  There's the -devel branch of the tree that has some
>  improvements that haven't been brought back to the -stable branch.  So
>  the two differ by a lot, and no one seems to be interested in
>  reconsiling them.  Then there's the fact that the basic HTTP engine
>  needs a good overhaul/rewrite, to bring it up to rfc2616 standards.  As
>  it is the lack of persistent connections is a major drawback, in my
>  opinion.

[...]

Yes, most of the people who got Privoxy this far from the old
Junkbuster days, have all had other demands, and just don't have the
time. And, no one has really stepped up to help make further
improvements. Andreas I believe has additions to his family, and more
pressing duties for the next 20 years or so. It isn't lack of wanting
to do more, its just lack of time, and lack of new blood on the
project to keep it going. Maybe this changes. I hope so.

Coders wanted.

--
Hal Burgiss