List:       prelude-user
Subject:    [prelude-user] [ANNOUNCE]: Prewikka 1.0.0 Release Candidate 3
From:       Yoann Vandoorselaere <yoann.v () prelude-technologies ! com>
Date:       2010-02-12 14:46:38

We are pleased to announce the availability of Prewikka 1.0.0rc3 !

With this first release candidate, we hope to collect comments and bug
reports from the Prelude community in order to solve the remaining
problems with the current Prelude codebase to ensure a final 1.0 release
that is rock solid! We would like to encourage anyone who is willing and
able to spend some time on testing to find and report problems to the
Prelude developers.

The final 1.0.0 release is expected to be released in February.

Prewikka is a graphical front-end analysis console for the Prelude
Hybrid IDS Framework. Providing numerous features, Prewikka facilitate
the work of users and analysts. It provide alert aggregation, sensors
and hearbeat views, and has user management and configurable filters. It
has access to external tools such as whois and traceroute.

------[ CHANGES ]------

* 2010-02-12, prewikka-1.0.0rc3:

- Make sure we always use a replacement ("n/a") when we get a nil
value from the database. Fix exception since the underlying chart
backend didn't support nil value (#370).

- If the requested timeline range is lower or equal 1 minute, use
a 1 second step. Fix an exception using the Cairoplot backend, and
allow to get meaningful by minute statistics (#370).

* 2010-02-10, prewikka-1.0.0rc2:

- The link to the logged-in user settings, when accessed through the
Statistics subpages, contained an invalid parameters which triggered
an exception.

- An exception could be raised in case we were generating a distribution
Chart containing empty values. This close #369.

- Upgrade old database fields values to fit latest Prewikka changes. Fix
a possible exception in the Events listing.

- Fix possible exception with username/charts name containing unicode.

- Correctly handle the setup.py installation 'root' argument.

------[ SUPPORT ] ------

Improving Prelude is costly, but you can help! We are looking for
organizations that find Prelude useful and wish to contribute back.

Commercial support contracts for Prelude are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance. PreludeIDS Technologies, a privately held
company, is currently funding Prelude maintenance.

------[ DOWNLOAD ]------

http://www.prelude-ids.com/development/download/

------[ CHECKSUM ]------

MD5 : c6f2cd86d9caa2b814c5dbdfe40c746d
SHA1 : a580b34ff420cc1f3d4e0935c3323e3b891a9072
SHA256 :
e5509fa04206248c8011b8d16b67e074ac26ef7c9554ae6872f87c069afd5790

------[ OpenPGP key ]------

gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 0x23D2FAC3

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere | Directeur Technique/CTO | PreludeIDS Technologies
Tel: +33 (0)1 40 24 65 10                      Fax: +33 (0)1 40 24 65 28