List:       prelude-devel
Subject:    Re: [prelude-devel] PreludeDB.PM Documentation
From:       Simon Smith <simon () snosoft ! com>
Date:       2008-01-08 5:03:23

Paul,
	Using perl, how do I read full events from the database. I am writing
an Inverse Anolomy Detection engine for prelude. This plugin will
increase the overall accuracy of the events reported to the GUI by using
a wide variety of data classification technologies. Reading events in
full from the database is critical for this to work properly. Do you
know how this is done?

Paul Robert Marino wrote:
> There is a little bit of a problem here
> Namely the documentation for libpreludedb is incomplete.
> The perl module is an xs module which meens if it works in the C library
> it will work the same way in perl. Essentialy xs modules are perl
> wrappers around C	 functions. I have done some work around linprelude.pm
> but as of yet I have not delved into libpreluedb enough to be able to
> help you mainly because of the libpreludedb C library documentation
> issues.
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 7:39 pm, Adriel Desautels wrote:
>> I'm having a very hard time finding any useful information on how to
>> use the preludedb.pm module. Can someone point me towards some
>> documents please?
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> 	Adriel T. Desautels
>> 	Chief Technology Officer
>> 	Netragard, LLC.
>> 	Office : 617-934-0269
>> 	Mobile : 617-633-3821
>> 	http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/118/a45
>>
>> 	Join the Netragard, LLC. Linked In Group:
>> 	http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/48683/0B98E1705142

>> Netragard, LLC - http://www.netragard.com  -  "We make IT Safe"
>> Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Website Security

- simon