List:       prelude-devel
Subject:    Re: [prelude-devel] prelude-manager: timer and segfault on 64bit
From:       Olaf Gellert <olaf.gellert () intrusion-lab ! net>
Date:       2006-09-22 22:19:53

Olaf Gellert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have written a manager-plugin that uses the prelude_timer
> function (prelude_timer_set_callback etc).
>
> When the timer expires and the callback function is called,
> I get a segfault on a 64bit machine (while it runs smoothly
> on my 32bit desktop). Output of gdb:

Ok, that had to do with the generic GCC option -fpack-structs
which did not only pack the structs that I wanted, but all
structs. This is especially bad for structs that are arguments
to some system libraries (wich of course are not expecting
packed structs...) ;-)

Regards... Olaf

--

Dipl.Inform. Olaf Gellert                   INTRUSION-LAB.NET
Senior Researcher,                      www.intrusion-lab.net