List:       prelude-announce
Subject:    [prelude-announce] [ANNOUNCE]: LibPrelude 1.0.0 Release Candidate 1
From:       Yoann Vandoorselaere <yoann.v () prelude-ids ! com>
Date:       2010-01-29 17:39:24

We are pleased to announce the availability of libprelude 1.0.0rc1 !

With this first release candidate, we hope to collect comments and bug
reports from the Prelude community in order to solve the remaining
problems with the current Prelude codebase to ensure a final 1.0 release
that is rock solid! We would like to encourage anyone who is willing and
able to spend some time on testing to find and report problems to the
Prelude developers.

The final 1.0.0 release is expected to be released in February.

The Prelude Library is the glue that binds all aspects of Prelude
together. It is a library which enables Prelude components to
communicate with the Prelude Manager. It also makes it easy for third
party software to be made 'Prelude Aware' (able to communicate with
Prelude components). It provide common, useful features used by every
sensor.

------[ CHANGES ]------

- Libprelude EasyBindings are now enabled by default

- Default to generating 2048 bits TLS keys

- Fix a potential IDMEF object copy/clone error return that could occur
if the caller had freed a required children from the copied object.

- Prevent unsafe modification of the Libprelude returned Analyzer object

- When retrieving a list of IDMEF object, return a Python list
containing one IDMEFValue for each object.

This behavior is more consistant than retrieving a single IDMEFValue
carrying the whole list, and might permit the user to play with the
object directly if we extand the API in the future.

- Fix argv memory leak on bindings initialization

- Fixes some warnings uncovered by GCC -Wextra

- Thanks to Steve Grubb <sgrubb@redhat.com> for reporting Flexelint
output! This allowed fixing the following issues:

[prelude-admin]: fix possible leak on getpass() failure.

[idmef-data]: fix potential invalid read on architecture where
sizeof(char) > 1.

[idmef-path]: idmef_path_set_index() would accept an off by one depth,
protect the caller.

[prelude-connection]: fix invalid pointer dereference in case of
malloc() failure.

------[ SUPPORT ] ------

Improving Prelude is costly, but you can help! We are looking for
organizations that find Prelude useful and wish to contribute back.

Commercial support contracts for Prelude are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance. PreludeIDS Technologies, a privately held
company, is currently funding Prelude maintenance.

------[ DOWNLOAD ]------

http://www.prelude-ids.com/development/download/

------[ CHECKSUM ]------

MD5 : 569c5459b9f84524e26ee98ed44d8847
SHA1 : ae9edbec20d6db2865e2a4d74c28810837bad966
SHA256 :
2107589bad28d1cc082c6ba2f16958a33c2ed9e4e55fb6a4d67c5968e96aae92

------[ OpenPGP key ]------

gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 0x23D2FAC3

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere | Directeur Technique/CTO | PreludeIDS Technologies
Tel: +33 (0)1 40 24 65 10                      Fax: +33 (0)1 40 24 65 28