List:       pptpclient-devel
Subject:    [pptp-devel] Ubuntu no pings
From:       Steffen Bisgaard <bisgaard () home ! nl>
Date:       2005-09-05 18:58:30

Hallo list,

First posting here, hope I am in the right place...

I am on ubuntu hoary hedgehog.
uname -a
Linux xxxxx-A 2.6.10-5-386 #1 Thu Aug 18 22:23:56 UTC 2005 i686
GNU/Linux

trying to connect to my company network (watchguard) via pptp to my
office xp machine (via either vnc or tsclient - whatever works)

I am using pptpconfig gui client, installed via standard apt-get.

In the client I connect successfully to the firebox, however every time
I try to ping anything I see packets in and packets out matching
(increments by 5), but always the same error:

pptpconfig: command failed, exit code 1

and I can't ping nada on the network.

network pc is 10.2.0.150 so I added a route, clicking "client to LAN"
and a route of 10.2.0.0/16 but still no luck.

Any ideas how to start troubleshooting this? If I am in the wrong list,
could you point me to the proper list?

Many thanks in advance..

Stef