List:       pptpclient-devel
Subject:    Re: [pptp-devel] Can I change the port?
From:       James Cameron <james.cameron () hp ! com>
Date:       2002-09-19 4:57:34

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 14:49, Todd Flinders wrote:
> But for the life of me I can't
> find a way to specify port 10000 on my GNU/Linux
> machine.

This is no way, short of either;

(a) modifying the source code (e.g. pptp_msg.h, PPTP_PORT) and
recompiling,

(b) using some other tool temporarily to bounce the connection.

I have *not* tried it, but I suggest you try tcpxd, my TCP/IP connection
bouncer.  See if that fixes it.  Run "tcpxd 1723 pptp-server.example.com
10000" then tell pptp to connect to localhost.  I've no idea if the
whole things copes with receiving the GRE packets from another source.

http://quozl.netrek.org/tcpxd/

Are PPTP servers regularly set up on non-standard ports?  Should we
modify the code to allow the port to be specified?

--
James Cameron                                     (james.cameron@hp.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/