List:       postgresql-sql
Subject:    [SQL] Simple Question??
From:       "archiver" <archiver () db ! geocrawler ! com>
Date:       1999-02-27 22:50:40

Here's a question that maybe you can answer easily...

If I am using a sequence (seq_a) in table_a

...then "create table_b as select * from table_a"

...does table_b start using that sequence (seq_a), starting at the point
where table_a left off??

I have a 1GB table that I want to optimize by reordering it, and I will want
the new table to use the same sequence to generate the primary key. I will
then drop the original table and rename the table_b to table_a.

Any clues?

Tim Perdue
tim@perdue.net