List:       postgresql-sql
Subject:    [SQL] plpgsql function returning SETOF RECORD Question
From:       <jbduffy () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2004-02-23 13:21:32

Hi

When I run the function below I recieve an error message saying that column \
definitions need to be specified for a function returing a type RECORD.

I was under the impression that the FOR row IN SELECT... loop would assign a column \
structure to the RECORD type. Am I wrong about this?

CREATE FUNCTION test() RETURNS SETOF RECORD AS '
DECLARE
  row  RECORD;
BEGIN
  FOR row IN SELECT * FROM dates LOOP