List:       postgresql-sql
Subject:    Re: [SQL] [GENERAL] Performance issues with compaq server
From:       Denis Gasparin <denis () edistar ! com>
Date:       2002-05-09 12:29:50

The Compaq servers you indicated use the smart array controller which is
very very slow in storing data into hard disks. Are you using the RAID?

I suggest you to buy a controller with a larger write cache (the smart
array controller does not have w-cache)... You should note a large
performance progress...

Also do not forget to set fsync to false and to use the COPY command
whenever is possible...

Bye!
--
Doct. Eng. Denis Gasparin: denis@edistar.com