List:       postgresql-ports
Subject:    [PORTS] Regression test errors on x86_64
From:       "Michael Artz" <mlartz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-27 10:37:52

I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but are there any special flags
that I need to pass to configure/make in order to make sure that everything
builds correctly on an AMD64 machine (Quad dual-core Opteron)?  Everything
seems to builds fine, however I fail 71 of the regression tests.  Looking a=
the results it looks like it, many times when the regresssion test expects
and error, my compile doesn't throw one.  It happily accepted 'xxx' as a
bool and 'abc' as a char ... is this a known "problem" for x86_64?

Sorry for being so vague, but I don't have the output in front of me (its a=
work).  What information would be most useful in diagnosing the problems?
(RHEL4 Update 2, PostgreSQL 8.1.3, only options to ./configure are
--with-*).

Thanks
-Mike