List:       postgresql-ports
Subject:    [PORTS] Postgresql RPMs
From:       Karl DeBisschop <karl () debisschop ! net>
Date:       2002-02-18 15:23:05

I gather that we're still a little way off from making the config files
in postgresql rpms install in locations like a typical redhat/FHS
install. However, ISTM that we could go ahead and reference a
/etc/sysconfig/postgresql file in the init script. As it stands in the
current init script, I could use that to set my PGDATA dir and so on
with a little less pain. That would be a truly useful thing for our
installs.

Perhaps this has been discussed and rejected for the 7.2 rpms, but if
not, I'd love to see it in the next updated packages.

--
Karl