List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Really slow UPDATE and DELETE
From:       Nicholas Piper <nick () nickpiper ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-07-31 22:41:04

> >I'm going to turn up debugging in case that will allow me to see all
> >the work PG is putting into my title UPDATE.

I did this, and it turns out my fti trigger is doing work which
doesn't use recommended (string,id) index in the fti docs. I've added
one on just id and it all flies again !

Thanks for your help,

 Nick

--
Part 3 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
Change PGP actions of mailer or fetch key see website   1024D/3ED8B27F