pgman@candle.pha.pa.us wrote: > I have applied the following patch to properly exit ODBC. I also > patched the ODBC makefile so it links under BSD/OS. The -Bsymbolic > under BSD/OS is very harsh under BSD/OS, requiring all symbols even in > libc and crt1.o to be resolved before creating the shared library. > > My 'ld' manual says: > > -Bsymbolic > When creating a shared library, bind references to > global symbols to the definition within the shared > library, if any. Normally, it is possible for a > program linked against a shared library to override > the definition within the shared library. This op- > tion is only meaningful on ELF platforms which sup- > port shared libraries. Hmm, removing that may break it when running under a driver manager though... I will check of FreeBSD, it certainly will on Linux ELF. -- Nick Gorham When I die, I want to go like my grandfather did, gently while sleeping, and not like his passangers, screaming in a panic, looking for the inflatable raft. -- Seen on ./