List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    [GENERAL] Re: Write to postgreSQL via ODBC?
From:       Rudolf Potucek <potucek () acs1 ! acs ! ucalgary ! ca>
Date:       2001-01-31 15:55:38

In comp.databases.ms-sqlserver Craig Orsinger <cjorsinger@earthlink_net.invalid> wrote:

: Rudolf Potucek wrote:
:>
:> I've got the postgres ODBC driver installed and can connect to it from
:> MS Excel 97. However it seems I can only execute queries (read data) but
:> not save data. Is that a limitation of Excel or of the ODBC approach?

: 	When you set up your DSN on the Windows box, did you uncheck
: the box in Advanced Options named "ReadOnly (Default)" ? For some
: reason, the PostgreSQL ODBC driver defaults to only being able to do
: queries.

I did. I subsequently tried this with Access and I can actually create
new tables that way ... now I just have to figure out how to do an UPDATE
instead ...

Thx,

  Rudolf