List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Re: [SQL] textsubstr() ...? for postgres 7 beta5
From:       nathan () khmere ! com
Date:       2000-04-30 22:59:09

Tom Lane wrote:

> nathan@khmere.com writes:
> > I have installed the beta 7 for postgres but... it seems to be missing
> > some text functions ? l
>
> > like the textsubstr ?
>
> Huh?  There is no function named textsubstr() in 6.5.*, either.  Perhaps
> you had some locally user-defined functions you forgot to reinstall?
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Opps...

Ok, well I made a mistake....

it is not textsubstr() but this : (found in  6.5.2 redhat )

result  |function     |arguments      |description

text    |text_substr  |text int4 int4 |return portion of string

Is this in 7.0 ?

(PS this is not user defined, well at least I did not make  it ...? )

thank you

nathan