List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    RE: [GENERAL] Unix crypt() for PostgreSQL
From:       "Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson () cpsgroup ! com>
Date:       1999-03-31 17:03:03

It's depends upon your needs, but if you're on a Unix system why not just
access the system crypt function.  You could create a PostgreSQL C function
to easily access it.  Just look in contrib for an example of the code.
If you're on a Windows system I'd say give up now unless you want to
implement the entire crypt trapdoor algorithms.
	-DEJ