List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Problem with \copy
From:       "Ken Mort" <kenmort () mort ! port ! net>
Date:       1998-12-29 15:34:39

If your data comes from a non-unix machine then you might have
carragereturn-linefeed pairs as newline delimiter.  I would get a
broken-pipe in this situation.  I wrote a perl script (on the unix
machine) to remove the carraige return ('\r') so that only the line
feed was left ('\n').  This solved my problem.

> I have some problems with importing a large txt db into postgres ... I try to use \
> the \copy db from xyz to import from a tabulator spaced textfile ... it takes \
> 2-3sec then a "broken pipe" comes up and psql is beeing left ....

Regards,
Kenneth R. Mort  <kenmort@mort.port.net>
TreeTop Research
Brooklyn, NY, USA