List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: need SQL logic to find out way's to Implement check sum to validate table data is migrated corre
From:       Ron <ronljohnsonjr () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-10-27 10:28:17

On 10/27/23 03:56, Y_esteembsv-forum wrote:
> Hi
> Need SQL logic/different approach method's   to find out way's
> a) to Implement check sum to validate table data is migrated correctly

When migrating from Oracle to PostgreSQL, on both the Oracle side and the
Postgresql side, I dumped each table (for the big ones, I split them into
views) as a tab-separated value file ordered by the primary key and piped
that into md5sum.

Had to play a few games with capitalization in blob/bytea columns

That way, I could verify that each table's data was identical.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.