List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Best options for tracking history of data?
From:       Guyren Howe <guyren () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-10-27 4:33:03

I'm interested in tracking our data over time.

The basic requirement is for debugging and disaster recovery, but I'm passing \
familiar enough with the issue that I can imagine being able to set things up so I \
get that but much more.

I'll need something that I can use on eg AWS, probably RDS, although I'll listen to \
an argument for eg Timescale DB.

I want something easy to set up, rugged and with minimal changes to client code. My \
current needs are simple, but I'll take "extra features basically for free" if I can.

I can't find a good general discussion of options for this. If I missed one, I'll \
take a link and offer a thank you.

Otherwise, this seems a useful topic to discuss.

Thanks in advance.