List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: The tragedy of SQL
From:       Bèrto ëd Sèra <berto.d.sera () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-09-14 12:59:32

> As a non-SQL expert who's used postgres since 1997 I've come to believe the
> basic issue is that SQL is based on sets, neither procedural or object
> oriented. Few people think in sets so they try to fit SQL into what they
> know rather than understand the how sets work.

Yes, that's 100% correct. As per the general discussion, it's not like WE
decide what language/tech will be used, or not. If a sufficient number of
customers begin to offer well paid jobs for <whatever>, we will see a huge
run to learn <whatever>, and that's about it. In the end we all work for
the money, and language X may be the eighth wonder of the entire galaxy,
but if it doesn't deliver well paid jobs, nobody will bother learning it.

my 5p.

Berto