List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: schema prefixes in default values (was RE: removing "serial" from table definitions).
From:       Tom Lane <tgl () sss ! pgh ! pa ! us>
Date:       2021-06-28 13:34:46

Marc Mamin <M.Mamin@intershop.de> writes:
> it seems that our problem had nothing to do with serial, but with the wa=
y schema prefixes are handled in column default values.

> pg_attrdef.adsrc:
>   filled when the defaut value is defined. contains a schema prefix only=
 when required at this creation time. Is constant afterwards.

We removed adsrc a couple of versions back, precisely because it doesn't
track subsequent changes.  Relying on it has been deprecated for a lot
longer than that.

> Moreover a pg_dump->restore might in some cases modify the value of pg_a=
ttrdef.adsrc

pg_dump hasn't relied on adsrc since PG 7.2.

			regards, tom lane