List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    iterate over partitions
From:       Glenn Schultz <glenn () bondlab ! io>
Date:       2019-06-28 19:11:47

Hi All,

I have a large table partioned by month.  I would like to run a query -
which adds derived data to the current data and inserts the data into a new
table.  The new table is the target for users.

How can I iterate over the partition tables to insert data and build the
new table?
This is done monthly, am I better off creating a materalized view each
month?

Best,
Glenn