List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: Recommended way to enable data-checksums on Centos 7?
From:       Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver () aklaver ! com>
Date:       2019-02-25 22:15:11

On 2/25/19 2:05 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 1:35 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     If I am following correctly, what you want is something
>     like the below from pg_ctl, correct?:
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/app-pg-ctl.html
>
>     pg_ctl init[db] [-D datadir] [-s] [-o initdb-options]

>      >      > checksums are good for data integrity, and can only be
>     done at init
>      >      > time, I wonder if it's worth adding a note about it to that
>      >      > documentation page?
>      >      >
>      >

> Something like that "-o" option would be nice.  But regardless of the
> solution, and given how simple & streamlined the install path/directions
> are, it seems to me to make sense to have some way of doing this that
> doesn't involve having to read through the setup script.  That could be

 From looking at the script running:

postgresql-11-setup --help

will get you that information.

> a simpler option, or it could just be a footnote on the install page,
> next to the initdb command, something like:

That would be nice, unfortunately I am not the person to get that done.
Your best bet on this would be to file an issue here:

https://yum.postgresql.org/contact.php

You will need a community account to do this.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com