List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: pg_basebackup + SSL error: bad length
From:       Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver () aklaver ! com>
Date:       2018-08-28 13:53:36

On 08/28/2018 01:58 AM, Csaba Ragasits wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Only one copy is from the pg_basebackup on the machines.
>
> I have only a tablespace only a different location:
> /srv/pgdata/tbs_int303
>
> I think I solved the problem:
>
> When I delete manually the /srv/pgdata/tbs_int303 folder, the
> pg_basebackup is running fine.

Was this tablespace active?

Went back to your original post and realized I skipped over this:

"pg_basebackup: directory "/srv/pgdata/tbs_int302" exists but is not empty
pg_basebackup: removing data directory "./main":

Is /srv/pgdata/tbs_int302 a tablespace also?

Found this:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/app-pgbasebackup.html

"Tablespaces will in plain format by default be backed up to the same
path they have on the server, unless the option --tablespace-mapping is
used. Without this option, running a plain format base backup on the
same host as the server will not work if tablespaces are in use, because
the backup would have to be written to the same directory locations as
the original tablespaces."

Looks like you need to use:

-T olddir=newdir
--tablespace-mapping=olddir=newdir