List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [HACKERS] Add doc advice about systemd RemoveIPC
From:       Tom Lane <tgl () sss ! pgh ! pa ! us>
Date:       2016-12-31 16:43:42

> I still think that some wording in the direction of the fact that the
> majority of all users won't actually have this problem is the right thing
> to do (regardless of our previous history in the area as pointed out by
> Craig)

+1.  The use-a-system-user solution is the one that's in place on the
ground for most current PG users on affected platforms.  We should explain
that one first and make clear that platform-specific packages attempt to
set it up that way for you.  The RemoveIPC technique should be documented
as a fallback to be used if you can't/won't use a system userid.

			regards, tom lane