List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Success stories of PostgreSQL implementations in different companies
From:       Bèrto ëd Sèra <berto.d.sera () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-24 15:10:25

The Greater London Authority is also ditching Oracle in favour of PG. I
consulted them while they kick started their transition and the first new
PG/PostGIS only project is already delivered. The number of companies
ditching Oracle is probably much larger than it seems, giving the dynamics
in salaries. The average PG based salary goes up steady, while working with
Oracle is going down pretty quick.

At least, so it would look from the UK. An Oracle DBA in average is
currently offered some 15% less than a PG dba.

My 10p

Bèrto