List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Implementing replace function
From:       "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod () iol ! ie>
Date:       2010-10-31 17:39:17

On 31/10/2010 17:28, Alexander Farber wrote:
> I've created a function now (below) and can call it as well,
> but how can I see it at the psql prompt? Is there a \d command
> for that or should I dump the database to see my declarations?

You can do \df public.*, assuming that your function is in the public
schema, to get a list of all functions; and \df+ <function name> will
give you the function body also.

\? is your friend here.

> And is my function atomic? I.e. can't it happen, that FOUND
> is not true, but then another session calls a INSERT inbetween?

Yes - all functions are executed in an implicit transaction.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie