List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] What Linux edition we should chose?
From:       Alan Hodgson <ahodgson () simkin ! ca>
Date:       2010-05-31 23:10:08

On Monday 31 May 2010, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 21:14 +0530, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> > if you install some libraries like python clients or some
> > software depending on PgSql from the repositories in RPM/DPKG based
> > OS, you will have a tough time with the dependency stuff.
>
> Really?

Depends. If you build a compat- RPM to supply the original system-provided
client libpq.so it will usually satisfy their package requirements. If you
don't, then you might find yourself needing to rebuild other packages to
coexist with upgraded PostgreSQL versions. Neither option is terribly
difficult to accommodate.

--
"No animals were harmed in the recording of this episode. We tried but that
damn monkey was just too fast."